Re: \rightHandFinger write numbers (not letters)

From: Yannick Patois
Subject: Re: \rightHandFinger write numbers (not letters)
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 09:54:46 +0200

Hi,

Yannick Patois a écrit :
> I tried to compile the following:
> The main problem is that righthand fingering are displayed as numbers,
> not letters, this does not correspond to the documentation as I
> understand it.

Hum, my bad: it seems just that I didnt used the right syntax.
The following example works fine:

\include "italiano.ly"
#(define RH rightHandFinger)
\score {
  {
    \set Score.fingeringOrientations    = #'(left)
    \set Score.strokeFingerOrientations = #'(down)
    <do-\RH #3 \2 -2 >4

As far as I understand, \RH doesnt works, one should write -\RH

Then, here, LH and RH fingering are displayed properly as string, all on
a single note.

Thanks.

        Yannick