box-notationy-thing

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: box-notationy-thing
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 07:23:47 -0600

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a measure in a PianoStaff with repeat bars on either side and a thick line extending from the barline to the right of the measure.  I'm trying to create the thick line with a third staff and then use StartStaff and StopStaff to alternate between "staff" and "thick line".  The problem is that the StartStaff and StopStaff cause the staff to overlap with the repeat bar sign.  I'd like to have staff line continue through the repeat bar, but have the thick line (really just the other staff) begin and end outside of the repeat bar (adjoining it).

Has anyone else found a better solution to this kind of problem?  Or is there a way to tweak where exactly the StartStaff function begins in relation to the barline?

Here's what I've got so far (2.10.23 ):

%%%%%%%%%

upper = \relative {c'4 c c c
    \stopStaff s1
    \startStaff \bar "|:" c4 c c c \bar ":|"
    \stopStaff s1}

spacer = {\override Staff.Clef #'transparent = ##t
    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
    \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #9
    \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-positions =#' (0.4 0.3 0.2 0.1 0 -0.1 -0.2 -0.3 -0.4 )
    \override Staff.BarLine #'transparent = ##t
    \stopStaff s1
    \startStaff s
    \stopStaff s
    \startStaff s
}

lower = \relative {\clef bass c,1
    \stopStaff s1
    \startStaff c1
    \stopStaff s1}

\score {\new PianoStaff \with
    {\override VerticalAlignment #'forced-distance = #5.5
    }

    <<
    \new Staff = "upper" \upper
    \new Staff = "spacer" \spacer