GPLv2 / GPLv3: are there plans to change LilyPond licensing?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: GPLv2 / GPLv3: are there plans to change LilyPond licensing?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:28:38 +0200

Hello everybody;

a small question that has occured to me, just out of curiosity:

As a part of the GNU project, do you guys have the choice whether to
adopt GPLv3 or not?

And, if it appears that you do have the choice, are you interested in
relicensing LilyPond?

As far as I know, LilyPond is not at all related with DRM stuff or
anything of that kind, so it would probably not change anything in
LilyPond coding and/or usage -- which can be both an pro and con
argument; so it is *not* about starting a flame war here, don't get me
wrong.

Just asking, in a word.

(and besides, sometimes it's cool to talk here about other stuff than
technical or RTM questions...)

Valentin