Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP

From: Germain G. Ivanoff-Trinadtzaty
Subject: Re: locale problem with jedit + lilypond under Windows XP
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:56:53 +0200

Bertalan Fodor a écrit :

It is a problem with jEdit's Console plugin - there is no automatic
encoding recognition: but go to Plugin Options > Console and set Character
encoding to UTF-8.

Yes.
Setting encoding to UTF-8 in the console options, works fine, as we can see in the SYSTEM console. If we key in "lilypond myfile.ly" in the System console, french messages are written ok.
But they still don't print in the LILYPOND console.
That's why I thought that the plug-in somewhat catches unicode output from LilyPond, but deals with it as if it was not unicode strings. It seems here that it converts it to 8-bit ISO-8859-1 encoding, and then outputs it to the Lilypond console with no reencoding back to utf-8.

I have no time to maintain the 2.10 branch, so there won't be 2.10.5.
However I will fix it in the 2.11 branch, which will be released when
LilyPond 2.12 comes out.

Thanks : i'll enjoy both !
Germain