Re: voiceOne & voiceTwo settings

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: voiceOne & voiceTwo settings
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:59:21 +0200

If you want to customize what happens when you use the <<{...} \\ {...}>> construct, then you will need to do some Scheme hacking. However, if all you want to do is to explicitly call \voiceOne and \voiceTwo yourself but
customize what these macros do, then it's easy to define
your own macros like

myVoiceOne = {  \voiceOne  \override Beam #'positions = #'(4 . 4) }

and then use those instead:

\relative c''{ c8 d e f \myVoiceOne c d e f }

  /Mats

Quoting Bainos <address@hidden>:

Hi,

I'm wandering if it is possible to have separated global setting for
voiceOne and voiceTwo..
I'm not able to explain my problem better so i give you an example (that
doesn't work.. :P )

something like this:

\context {
 \DrumVoice{
        \voiceOne {\override voiceOne Beam #'positions = #'(4 . 4)
                \override Rest #'extra-offset =  #'(0 . -2.0)}
        \voiceTwo {\override voiceOne Beam #'positions = #'(-6 . -6)
                \override Rest #'extra-offset =  #'(0 . 2.0)}

I know this can't work.. but i hope it will be able to explain better the
problem..

Is it possible to set this properties in the layout block?
(I have a file called global.ly that  I include in  every project..)

Thanks in advance!
regards
Bainos

(\version "2.10.25" on WinXP)