Re: square group brackets

From: Steve Schow
Subject: Re: square group brackets
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:16:36 -0700 (PDT)

Rune,

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

Oh the mysteries of Lilypond. I'm looking forward to the day I can
intuitively figure out solutions myself.  I used your trick and it worked
perfectly for my first staff group, but the rest of the staff groups in the
same system now show no bracket at all.  (ignoring the single staff group
problem for now).  I am sure I must not be understanding how the \override
feature works.  Will consult the manual, but please let me know if this
sparks a memory in you.  I'm guessing there must be a property to hug that
bar-line bracket in tighter to the system horizontally as well, i will
search for it.

Here is what I used for first two staffgroups in one system and I have
attached resulting image.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11492340/ScreenHunter_04%2BJul.%2B08%2B13.12.jpg

\score {
   <<
        \new StaffGroup <<
        \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'style = #'bar-line
        \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'thickness = #4
          \new Staff {
                \clef treble
                \set Staff.instrumentName = "Flute"
                <<
                  \meterMap
                  \fluteOnePart

          }
          \new Staff {
                \clef treble
                \set Staff.instrumentName = "Flute"
                <<
                  \meterMap
                  \fluteTwoPart

          }

        \new StaffGroup
        \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'style = #'bar-line
        \override StaffGroup.SystemStartBracket #'thickness = #4
        <<
          \new Staff {
                \clef treble
                \set Staff.instrumentName = "Oboe"