Re: Decrescendo on last note??

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Decrescendo on last note??
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 14:46:57 -0700

Dewdman42 wrote:
I can't figure out how to get a decrescendo hairpin on the last note of a
staff?  There is nothing to anchor the ending of the decrescendo to.  See
attached picture of what I'm trying to do.  the ly notation I have for that
bar would be:

   | a1\fermata\>  \!|

I guess or something, but the compiler complains that the \! is not attached
to anything and if I remove it, it complains about no termination to the
decrescendo.  What's the secret for this?

The secret is to read section 6.6.3 Dynamics.

- Graham