Re: aligning text with example

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: aligning text with example
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 16:44:20 +0200

Eric Knapp skrev:

I want the numbers 7, 7, 3, 5, 3, and 5 to be the same vertically.

Lily has hugeproblems with vertical alignment - it usually takes a lot of hacking. In your case, the easiest is probably to put the numbers into a lyrics-context:

<<
  \new Staff {
    \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left)
    <c-1>8 <d'-2>8 <a-3>2 <g-4>4
  }
  \addlyrics{
    \override LyricText #'font-size = #-1
  }

Alternatively one has to define his own context into which the scripts go. See the section "Piano centered dynamics" in the manual just to see how non-trivial this is. If you want me to I will try and make a template where the scripts go into their own context and thereby are vertically aligned.

-Rune