Compatibillity lilypond - noteedit and other quetions.

From: Peter Terpstra
Subject: Compatibillity lilypond - noteedit and other quetions.
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:32:18 +0200

Dear readers,
I liked to work with noteedit, but noteedit does not print any sheet (pdf).
( ... and noteedit does not have all the features i want/need.)

If I leave "keep beams" and "keep stem directions" *unchecked* in noteedit.
I get no errors when converting to pdf and midi.
But ties are crossing eachother and most of the rests have a bad place
(mostly much too high).
Adding \stemUp or \stemDown directions bring back the errors about classhing
columns and does not solve the problem. Th rests can be edited by hand,
that works.

If I leave "keep beams" and "keep stem directions" *checked* in noteedit.
I get a lot of errors.
warning: can't find property type-check for `noAutoBeaming'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: ignoring too many clashing note columns
        \stemUp dis!4 e fis g | \grace { fis16 ~ g } fis4 e
(about 40 lines of these erros)

I tried to solve this by hand but nothing seems to work.
I have the lilypond.pdf documentation at hand here, which i am reading a
lot. Searching at Google gives al lot off answers but they do not seam to
relate to my qeustion.

Because i have a whole lot of notes to edit my prefrence is to make the
first start with noteedit and than go furter by hand.
I tried to work with lily many times in the past but i never coul find my
way trough the material (much too much), maybe i am now a bit furter.

The midi that lilypond procuces does not play the grace notes, the midi from
noteedit does. Can i help it?
Can i prevent lily for producing a .ps file?
I woul like to add some tekst (a talk) under the title and above the staff,
is this possible?

Enough for now, hope i can get a bit further.
I am working on a Linux machine.

Where I am working on:

lilypond file:
http://dharma.dyndns.info/music/la_rossignol-anon.ly
(this lilypond tekstfile Is already edited by hand al lot)

noteedit file:
http://dharma.dyndns.info/music/la_rossignol-anon.not

pdf sheet:
http://dharma.dyndns.info/music/la_rossignol-anon.pdf