Re: Absolutely evenly aligned table of chords ... with plenty of acciden

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Absolutely evenly aligned table of chords ... with plenty of accidentals?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:30:08 -0500

On 7/10/07, Rune Zedeler <address@hidden> wrote:
Trevor Bac(a skrev:

> I'm picky about the spacing. So I want noteheads to align *vertically*
> (between systems).
>
> And I also want all barlines to align vertically between systems.

As Mats suggests: Use a multistaff-score.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.25"
\include "english.ly"

\layout {
   indent = #0
   ragged-right = ##t
   \context {
     \Score
     \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
   }
   \context {
     \Staff
     \remove Time_signature_engraver

<<
\new Staff {
   \time 1/4
   < cs'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4
}
\new Staff {
   < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' gf'' af'' >4
   < cf'' >4
   < cf'' df'' >4
   < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' >4
}
\new Staff {
   < cs'' ds'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4
   < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' as'' >4
}

%%% END %%%

Hi Rune, hi Mats,

Yup; that's perfect. Great suggestion.

To let the table "breathe" you can turn on propotional notation and
override the clef's spacing alist as follows (based on Rune's
restructuring):

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.11.26"
\include "english.ly"

\layout {
 indent = #0
 ragged-right = ##t
 \context {
   \Score
   \remove System_start_delimiter_engraver
   proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1 16)
   \override BarLine #'transparent = ##t
    \override Clef #'space-alist = #'(
       (ambitus extra-space . 2.0)
       (staff-bar extra-space . 0.7)
       (key-cancellation minimum-space . 3.5)
       (key-signature minimum-space . 3.5)
       (time-signature minimum-space . 4.2)
       (first-note fixed-space . 12.0)
       (next-note extra-space . 0.5)
       (right-edge extra-space . 0.5))
 }
 \context {
   \Staff
   \remove Time_signature_engraver

<<
\new Staff {
 \time 1/4
 < cs'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4
}
\new Staff {
 < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' gf'' af'' >4
 < cf'' >4
 < cf'' df'' >4
 < cf'' df'' ef'' ff'' >4
}
\new Staff {
 < cs'' ds'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' >4
 < cs'' ds'' es'' fs'' gs'' as'' >4
}

The results are exactly what I was looking for.

(Side question: anyone know of a way to set *only* the (first-note
fixed-space . 12.0) pair within the clef's spacing alist, without
having to type all those extra pairs in the table?)

--
Trevor Bača