Brass Band lyre music

From: Greg Cunningham
Subject: Brass Band lyre music
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 03:12:21 +0000 (UTC)

Will it ever be possible to use fixed, partial-note-head note spacings for all
note values in the layout?

The old hand engraved march cards in our band library use extreemly small note
spacing to get it to fit on a card a bit smaller than A5 landscape.

I have had a fiddle with make-moment settings, but it appears to only accept
integer values. The following values produce an error

#'base-shortest-duration = #(ly:make-moment 1 0.25 )

The value #(ly:make-moment 1 0 ) produces output with zero note spacing - a bit
too severe.