Re: Merging scores in one pdf

From: sdfgsdhdshd
Subject: Re: Merging scores in one pdf
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 08:19:00 -0700 (PDT)

I had already found this, but it has inconvenients.

Context: after the score, i must put some text that is left-aligned, other
right-aligned on the same Y, then others centered lines. These alignments
must be based on the paper.
All these lines must be very close of the last staff of each score (my
different music editors require me so).
I know how to write one markup that does all this, but not how to locate the
text on the X-axis (see below).

Some of the inconvenients of associating this markup to a note are:

1) if i modify the score, the "reference note" (a2 in your code) will move
along the last staff, or even go to another staff. This means the text will
move to the left or to the right, and go easily beyond the paper limits.
For example, centered text will then be visible truncated at the left of the
page.
2) i tried to solve this by adding a translation within the markup. But it
needs a lot of trial and errors to move the text to the precise location.
3) at each score modification (offen), all this translation trial and errors
must be re-done.
4) [maybe the worse] it is impossible to predict in advance on which note to
base the markup
So, at each offen score change, i must
   a) change the score
   b) generate the pdf,
   c) see the notes on the last staff, and choose one,
   d) move the markup to this note,
   e) lot of trial and error to move the text areas to their precise
locations (as it is for printed books)
   f) this has to be done for every change (many) of every score (hundreth
of them, maybe more than two thousand)

5) a solution would be to associate the markup to the last bar of the score.
Is it possible? i didn't find a solution.