Re: Aligning relative to page

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Aligning relative to page
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:40:44 +0200

2007/7/11, Paul Harouff <address@hidden>:
Your question is also related to the discussion near the end of the "Merging
scores in one pdf" thread which just moved to the French LilyPond user
discuss list.

Where the discussion in the other thread was headed was that when we
inexperienced users put a \markup outside of a score, we expect it to format
the text relative to the entire page. We shouldn't have to use fill-line or
hspace in order to get text to move to the center of the page. And vertical
control of the position of a \markup is almost impossible unless there is a
score after it.

I'm still working on the vertical positioning, but I already made it
clear that in an independent \markup the text formatting *is* relative
to the entire page, so you can't say it isn't.

Besides, \fill-line, \wordwrap-string and \justify-string do exactly
the same as would do some new \center, \align-left and \justify
commands...

Here is the snippet I added:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=300

Thanks Rune, by the way, for your answer;
Romel, if you need to fully right-align your text, you can use
something such as:

\markup \column {
   \fill-line { "" "segue to" }
   \fill-line { "" "something else" }