Re: Trying to create a custom markup command

From: Romel Anthony S. Bismonte
Subject: Re: Trying to create a custom markup command
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 01:18:08 +1000

    c1_\segue #"Something Else"

Only `c1-\segue' works, IIRC.  Writing something which works with `_'
and `^' is a bit more difficult; however, I've added an example some
time ago to the docs.

   Werner

I tried `c1-\segue #"Something Else"'. This didn't work, either. The log file says that the escaped string is not recognized.

Could there be a problem in the order in which the elements appear in the main file? I thought that by placing the (define) Scheme expression before I include the music file, I ensure that the command is defined before it is used.

Also, will I have to add extra command-line switches to the lilypond invocation to make this work?

Thanks for the help so far. I'll be scouring the manual. ^_^
Romel