Re: Math mode in lilypond?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Math mode in lilypond?
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:15:15 +0200

2007/7/14, Orm Finnendahl <address@hidden>:

No. On your recommended webpage it reads:

"You can embed Tex commands in your score. !Beware: This feature is no
longer implemented. This snippet needs either complete rewriting,
either deletion -vv"

I guess, that's related to a rewrite of lilypond.

Yes, this is a modification I just made since Han-Wen told me this
feature is unavailable (and besides, nobody seems to have made this
work in the past). I honestly thought it worked when I posted the
above link.

Can you please post a small example of your text which includes
mathematical expressions?

I've just noticed that a many mathematical-related characters can be
entered using UTF-8, so if you this is just about a few simple
expressions, it would be quite easy to tune characters size and
position within LilyPond. But If your expressions are a bit complex,
this leaves you with two options: use lilypond-book to get native TeX
features, or use embedded PostScript (which does work pretty well).

As soon as you post a snippet, i'll look into the second solution and
see if I can come up with anything.

Regards,
Valentin