Re: minimal distance between \markup-s

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: minimal distance between \markup-s
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 00:29:22 +0200

2007/7/15, Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden>:

I have lot of \markup-s outside of scores in a book. I'd like to keep
them at a minimal distance, because lilypond tends to move them too
close to each other. Is there a way to achieve this?

There's precisely been a discussion about this subject for a few days:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-07/msg00321.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-07/msg00290.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-07/msg00190.html

As you can see at the bottom of these pages, the discussions have been
long, and nobody has managed to find *the* solution (I can't wait to
discover what Mats will come up with if he ever reads this)...

the only "solution" I used when I added the following snippet to the LSR:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=300
...was to use ragged-bottom = ##f in a \paper block; but considering
I'm nowhere near an advanced Lilyponder, figuring out anything else is
far beyond my knowledge.

Regards,
Valentin