Tremolo won't produce desired output

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Tremolo won't produce desired output
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:56:56 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to typeset a whole-bar tremolo in 3/8 time, but it's producing incorrect output.

\version "2.10.25"
\paper { ragged-right = ##t }
\relative c' {
    \time 3/8
    \repeat tremolo 6 { c32 e32 }
}

This snippet should show a tremolo consisting of two dotted crotchets separated by a triple beamed tremolo mark, whereas I'm currently getting a beamed tremolo with two dotted quavers.

I think it would be possible to fake the desired output by drawing two dotted demisemiquavers, i.e.

c32.*4 e32.*4

then shortening the beaming, but I'm not quite sure how to achieve the latter.

Thanks,
Neil