Re: MediaWiki extension?

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: MediaWiki extension?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:04:11 +0200

2007/7/16, Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden>:

I remember there was a MediaWiki extension for lilypond. Does that exist
currently? I'm creating a wiki site for some music and would like to use
mediawiki along with this extension.

You're refering to Johannes Schindelin's Wikitex extension:
http://wikisophia.org/wiki/Wikitex
http://svn.wikitex.org/wikitex/branches/1.1/template/music.ly

AFAIK, this extension is unmaintained so far, but it should still work
(maybe with some tweaking though). However, I think you need to
install (in jailed mode) LilyPond on the same server where your wiki
is hosted to use it.

If you have to deal with many scores but no text, you can of course
use Sebastiano's LSR backend, wich is by far the most advanced
client/server LilyPond project.

A French guy named Christophe Richard has just opened a public
LilyPond server: http://www.lilyserv.net/bashserver.php
He's using it with a Wiki-like plugin he has developed for the SPIP
CMS: http://www.musicorum.net/spip.php?article125

(I know you disagree with the idea of creating new LilyPond clients,
but I'd like to mention here the web interface I'm trying to develop,
as an AJAX implementation of LilyPondTool, at
http://valentin.villenave.info/lilypond/ ; currently it's only
supported by Mozilla browsers)

and btw, I'm glad to see I'm not the only Web2.0 geek here :)

Regards,
Valentin