Re: BRICK WALL

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: BRICK WALL
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 19:46:55 +0200

2007/7/16, Mischa Falkenburg <address@hidden>:

I have a feeling, right off the bat, that there's probably too much
"here" here, so any tips on less code would be appreciated also.

You'll find a few below.

1 \parallelMusic is useless here

2 manual a[b] beaming is not needed here (I removed every bracket, and
you'll see that LilyPond is smart enough to produce the exact same
result on its own :)

3 You use many, many braces: what for? I removed them too

4 I have defined a new identifier so I hadn't to specify many times
the key and the time signature.

5 I used "\repeat unfold n" so I hadn't to enter (or copy/paste) the
music again and again (see chapter 6.7 in the manual)

6 I added a \score block so your \layout and \midi stuff work better.

I advice you to clean your code this way, and then post again your
score (with all of the 6 voices); then we'll be able to help (if the
cleaning didn't solve your problem, which is nevertheless possible
after all :)

%%% Here's your score --much shorter :)

timeAndKey =  { \time 4/4 \key g \major}

voiceA = \relative c'' { \timeAndKey
\repeat unfold 4 { g'4 fis4 d8 e b c d4 fis4 d4 b4 a8 b \times 2/3 {c
d c}d8 g fis
d c4 a2 g4}
}
voiceB = \relative c { \timeAndKey
\repeat unfold 8 { d'8 e fis4 g8 a c4 e4 c8 b a4 g8 fis }
}

\score {
\new GrandStaff {<<
\new Staff  \voiceA