RE: ooolilypond user

From: Paul Harouff
Subject: RE: ooolilypond user
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:27:47 -0500

Yes. The default templates that come with OOoLilyPond automatically insert everything you type into a \score block, which causes problems if you are doing more than a little snippet.

Use the following as an outline to create your own template and make it your default. You will now have to include a \score { } block in your OOoLiliPond snippet, but it gives you much more flexibility. NOTE: This template is for doing church bulletins or 8-/12x11 folded booklets. Set the paper size and margins to your preferences.

\version "2.11.15"

\include "lilypond-book-preamble.ly"

\paper {
  #(define dump-extents #t)
  #(set-paper-size "letter")
  paper-height = 8.5\in
  paper-width = 5.5\in
  top-margin = 0.25\in
  bottom-margin = 0.35\in
  left-margin = 0.25\in
  line-width = 4.75\in
%  between-system-padding = 0.5\in
%  between-system-space = 0.25\in
  ragged-last = ##f
  ragged-bottom = ##t
  ragged-right = ##f
% system-count = #1
% print-first-page-number = ##f
% print-page-number = ##t
  oddFooterMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { \hspace #0 { \bold \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string } } }
  evenFooterMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { { \bold \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string } \hspace #0 } }
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { \hspace #0 { "" } } }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup { \fill-line { { "" } \hspace #0 } }
}

global = {
  #(set-global-staff-size 14)
  \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-0.5 . 0.5)
  % \override Lyrics.LyricText #'font-size = #0.0
  % \override Lyrics.LyricText #'word-space = #0.6
  % \override Lyrics.LyricSpace #'minimum-distance = #1.0
}

% ly snippet contents follows:
c' d' e'
% end ly snippet