Re: jazz chords in LilyPond

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: jazz chords in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:26:59 +0000 (UTC)

PabloZum <pabzum <at> terra.com.br> writes:

> I have developed my own chord name font, "Cifrado", which I use to print
> scores in other programs. With it, I'm able to print complex jazz chords with
> fewer keystrokes (e.g., "A7#9b13" is input just with "ax;").

If you want to keep the musical meaning in Lilypond, you'll need to use the
chord entry syntax in lilypond to enter your complex chords, and Cifrado will be
of no help to you.

However, if you just want to get your chord names in, and you don't need to
transpose your music, you can use a \markup, instead of \chordmode.  Then, if
you set your \markup font to Cifrado, you should be able to markup a note (or a
chord) with "ax;", just like you have in other programs, and get your
traditional output.

Carl Sorensen