Re: ps and pdf (was Re: Compatibillity lilypond - noteedit and other que

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: ps and pdf (was Re: Compatibillity lilypond - noteedit and other quetions.)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:58:20 +0200

2007/7/24, Peter Terpstra <address@hidden>:

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2007-01/msg00284.html

I absoluteley agree with graham, most people never need the .ps files.
The .ps file is just a temporary file.

I wouldn't put it that way (to me it is an essential fact that
lilypond does handle a *truely* reliable format -- which the PDF is
not), but I totally agree too.

I've introduced many people (among my family, or my pupils) to
LilyPond, and they're often  confused too see, when they compile their
first score, many files (of unfamiliar formats) appear on their
Desktop (the .ps, but also the .log when they're running windows
version).

So I think we should avoid anything that can confuse new users, which
do not necessarily have the ability to use command-line options.

Valentin