Is it possible to generate guitar tab below the notation staff ?

From: Vasil Kadifeli
Subject: Is it possible to generate guitar tab below the notation staff ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:20:47 +0300

Hi all,

I've just subscribed to the lilypond-user list and I'd like to ask a question...

I am a very beginner to the classical guitar and also to the music notation... today I struggled a lot and finally I've been able to produce the notation staff of one of the pieces we've learned to play on the guitar... what I couldn't find though on the user manual is that I'd like to have the guitar tablature generated besides the music staff... is this possible with lilypond ? and if yes, could you help me find what part of the document I have to read because there is not much in the "instrument-specific notation" chapter...
Many thanks in advance...

Vasil