Can I have my own custom LilyPond?

From: PabloZum
Subject: Can I have my own custom LilyPond?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:47:21 -0300

I'm rather dissatisfied with the way LilyPond prints chord names. After trying all the ideas some people here have generously given me to try and use my own chord-name font, I've come to the conclusion that the only practical way to achieve what I want is by changing the sourcecode to fit my own fairly idiossincratic chord-name style.

Is it possible to do that? I mean, to fiddle with the sourcecode, change it to my own requirements and have an indepedent LilyPond?

If so, which files are relevant?