Horizontal brackets

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Horizontal brackets
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:48:30 +0200

Hello Everyone,

Since yesterday I also found that there are several kinds of horizontal brackets: volta brackets, mensural ligature brackets, analysis brackets, the \hbracket markup command (well, that puts a second bracket, but in reversed direction), measure group brackets, piano pedal brackets, tuplet brackets... But I couldn't force any of these things to put a simple horizontal (better would be a double one, but I'd be glad if I could get even a single) bracket above some of my notes. I also had a look to the LSR, but there was also nothing related to this. I also tried to put a textspanner with solid line, but I was unable to display the small vertical lines at the beginning and the end of the line (which is the difference between a simple line and a bracket). Can it happen that there is no routine in Lilypond that could display a common horizontal bracket?...

Thank you,
Adam

Siska Ádám
+36 (70) 207-63-85