Re: Horizontal brackets

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: Horizontal brackets
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:36:36 -0500

On 7/25/07, Siska Ádám <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

thank you. Actually I'm using the stable version (2.10.10 as far as I
know), and I don't really want to change it to a version under
development unless I'd be really forced to do that. Don't you have some
idea that works also with the stable version? (I tried both, but they
didn't work in 2.10.10)
Of course, if there's no other solution, I'll upgrade my Lily, as my
deadline for this score is this weekend...

Thank you again,
Adam

Hi Adam,

If I recall correctly, the syntax for getting vertical nibs at the
edge of text spanners the old way was to override the edge-text
attribute of the grob. Something like this ...

  \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #'(left . right)

... where you have to replace "left" and "right" with the command to
draw-line shown in the previous example.

I'm running the 2.11.x series only; can you find reference to
edge-text in the 2.10 manual?

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača