Re: all sharps ?

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: all sharps ?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:40:43 +0200

Hi,

On 7/26/07, Vasil Kadifeli <address@hidden> wrote:

Many thanks Tao,

it works ;)

but then I will have to encode all c, f, and g notes as cis, fis, and gis
respectively, because lilypond puts a natural sign in front of the first c, f,
g note. am I correct ?

I was expecting some kind of automatic mechanism for that, though I am not sure
how that could be done...

That's correct, you'll have to write the fis, gis and cis as, well,
fis, gis and cis! That's because a 'cis' (or 'c sharp') is a different
note from a 'c' (c 'natural').

If you'd rather write 'cs' for 'cis', I guess you'll have to include
'english.ly' somewhere. Since Lilypond is originally written for Dutch
musicians, the default is dutch note names...

See
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.10/Documentation/user/lilypond/Note-names-in-other-languages
for more information.

Regards,

Christ van Willegen
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0