Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece

From: Paul A. Scott
Subject: Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:34:23 -0700

Sorry, I sent this from the wrong address.

On Jul 26, 2007, at 10:10 PM, Ed Ravin wrote:

I'm using LilyPond 2.10.14-1 on Mac OS X.

I'm typesetting a piece for piano and singer.  The first few bars are
an introduction, with no words for the singer.

In order to save paper, I want a staff without a vocal line for the first few bars, then a regular PianoStaff with melody and lyrics for the rest
of the piece.  I got it working using the "score" block shown below,
by modifying an example out of the documentation.

There's just one problem.  The introduction takes up one line,
as planned, but after the double bar line at the end, the staff
lines continue past the double bar line, and there's an extra time
signature at the far right of the staff.

You can view the problem (at the upper right hand corner of the PDF) at:

   http://www.panix.com/~eravin/showlilyprob.pdf

What might I be doing wrong here?

Without knowing what's in \melody, \upper and \lower it's difficult to help.

Paul Scott