Re: Standalone bar lines in StaffGroup

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Standalone bar lines in StaffGroup
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:22:24 -0400

Hi Siska,

Do you have any idea on how to suppress the global barline settings
(if I understand the terminology well, this is supposed to be called 'barline engraver'),
but only for those few bars, not for the entire score?

I don't believe you can globally affect the barline_engraver itself. However, you could always define a macro to accomplish the task easily, as shown below.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.
__________________

\version "2.11.27"

hideBarlines =
{
        \override Score.SpanBar #'transparent = ##t
        \override Score.BarLine #'transparent = ##t
}
showBarlines =
{
        \override Score.SpanBar #'transparent = ##f
        \override Score.BarLine #'transparent = ##f
}

theMusic = \relative
{
    a a a a |
    b b b b |
    \hideBarlines c c c c |
    d d d d |
    \showBarlines e e e e
}

\score
{
    \new StaffGroup << \theMusic \theMusic >>