Re: Can I have my own custom LilyPond?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Can I have my own custom LilyPond?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:36:39 +0200

Valentin Villenave wrote:

2007/7/26, Tao Cumplido <address@hidden>:

The only problem is that I can't find a way to place the chords above the staff now.
Any solutions?

If I remember correctly, this is something like:

\new Staff = mystaff { \new Voice = music {%add notes here...
}}

\new Lyrics \with {alignAboveContext=mystaff} \lyricsto music
\lyricmode {% add chord names here}

What I proposed to Tao was to use explicit syllable durations
in the Lyrics, i.e. not to use \lyricsto. Then, it's just to insert the
\new Lyrics above the \new Staff to get it above the stave.

(Tao, post an example of what you tried if this answer is not
sufficient.)

  /Mats