Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece - solved

From: Ed Ravin
Subject: Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece - solved
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:25:12 -0400

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:58:02AM -0400, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> >Aha! That works, but not quite as you described.  I had to use "s"
> >rests, otherwise the unwanted staff line still showed up.
>
> The first line will not show up if you:
>     1. use R rests (which you really *should*, since "s" is a skip
> not a rest!!);

The man page refers to skips as "invisible rests".  Is that not the
case?  Anyway, I see that I totally missed the very useful difference
between "r" and "R" rests.  Thanks for the clarification!

  -- Ed

  6.1.10 Skips

  An invisible rest (also called a 'skip') can be entered like a
  note with note name `s' or with \skip duration