Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece - but...

From: Ed Ravin
Subject: Re: cruft after introduction to vocal piece - but...
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 11:18:55 -0400

On Fri, Jul 27, 2007 at 09:33:38AM +0200, Tao Cumplido wrote:
> The thing here is that you split your parts and in the score
> block you create two piano staves whereas one is completely
> sufficient.
> the time signature appears because the staff with the melody line
> begins after the line break.
> you have to add rests like R1*4 to your melody line and let it
> begin at the same time the piano intro does and reduce your score
> block to one PianoStaff.

I noticed that there were no longer any time signatures displayed
at the beginning of where the vocal part now prints, so I tried to
add one by putting "\time 2/2" after the \break in the vocal part.
LilyPond drew the time signature where it was supposed to, and it
also drew the same extra staff lines and extra time signature to the
right of the intro that I originally wrote about.

If I needed to change the time signature after the introduction,
how would I do it without bringing back the problem?