Re: Why will this tie not work?

From: David Fedoruk
Subject: Re: Why will this tie not work?
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 15:50:45 -0700

Hello:

When everything fails, put it away, go to bed, sleep, and in the
morning start again. I did. This morning  I madde a new duplicate of
my file so I started back where I was when I first posted this
problem. I commented out the problematic code and went to
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Explicitly-instantiating-voices#Explicitly-instantiating-voices>
.That is the documentation page for this type of polyphony. I copied
the tags and structure there leaving out the third voice since I only
needed two. This is my code:

---- Snip ----

        \voiceOne
<<
                                { \grace bf16 \stemUp cf2 af'4~ | }
                                \context Voice="1" { \voiceTwo cf,2. | }

\oneVoice

----- End Snip -----

This reproduces exactly what I want --- except for the ite.

Neil, I hope this is what you were getting at. It works and I can
duplicate it in other similar passages. The problem is not with the
code or the coder(s), in this case, blame Acrobate Reader. Just on an
off chance that this was an application failure i tried opening it in
Preview. Voila! The tie is where it is supposed to  be. Acrobate
Reader is my villan is my PDF reader! ARRRRGGGGG!!!!

Good reason to keep multiple applications on had for cases like this.
This is the first time I"ve seen Acrobat fail to read a proper
Lilypond document.

<thinking: style=wishful> I wonder if I can bill Adobe for the lost
hours ! </thinking>

Cheers,
David
 .

--
David Fedoruk
B.Mus. UBC,1986

http://recordjackethistorian.wordpress.com
"Music is enough for one's life time, but one life time is not enough
for music" Sergei Rachmaninov