Re: SOLVED: Formatting the piece header

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: SOLVED: Formatting the piece header
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:49:41 +0200

Hi Valentin!

Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2007 schrieben Sie:
> 2007/7/28, Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden>:
> > I was looking for the lilypond variable / property that defined the font
> > of the piece headings, so that I set this property once and it is
> > automatically applied to all my scores that include the definitions.ly
> > file.
>
> Actually this is exactly what I do :)
> I have a definitions file in which I put everything in identifiers, such as
[...]
> And this way, when typesetting each separate piece, in the \header I
> only have to specify
> \include "definitions.ly"
> \header {
> piece= \pieceLayout #"Here is my title"
> }

Thanks a lot for the tip. After digging a little deeper into the lilypond
code, I finally found that its easiest to simply redefine scoreTitleMarkup in
the \paper section (see the titling-init.ly for the original function).
Attached is an example snipplet, which I also submitted at LSR.

Cheers,
Reinhold