scaling problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: scaling problem
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:47:02 +0200 (CEST)

[current lilypond git]

Folks,

look at this example:

  \new Staff \with {
%    fontSize = #-4
%    \override StaffSymbol #'staff-space = #(magstep -4)
  }
  {
    c''-\tweak #'extra-offset #'(2 . 6)
       -\markup \stencil #(ly:bracket Y '(0 . 5) 0.2 1)
  }

`stencil-big.png' shows the result with the two comment characters,
`stencil-small.png' the same without them.  On the other hand, if I
say

  #(set-global-staff-size XX)

(`XX' an arbitrary size) instead the `\with' block, the scaling of the
bracket always works, this is, the result always looks like shown in
`big.png', regardless of the size.

With other words: It's not sufficient to set `fontSize' and
`staff-space' in the `\with' block to have proper scaling for (at
least) the `\stencil' markup command.  I tried hard to find something
in the docs and in the source files, but without success.

What am I missing?  Help, please.

    Werner

PNG image

PNG image