Adding / deleting staves on the fly

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Adding / deleting staves on the fly
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 12:18:20 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

I've been trying to find out how to create and delete staves on the fly.
This would be very useful especially in choir music when one voice is quiet
for a long time or when a voice is divided and it is no longer convenient to
cram them into one staff.

Another issue is starting a song with just one voice and forcing the staff
to start with the ChoirStaff. One workaround was introduced (below) but I
couldn't use it to add a new staff for the next system.

http://www.nabble.com/One-staff-in-ChoirStaff-tf1934152.html#a5299462

Unfortunately, (obviously) I cannot provide you a code snippet but I
composed an image of the score I had in my mind (below).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/ripstop/muuta/choir_staff_problem.png

I hope there is a way to do this and that I had just missed the
instructions. :-)

-Risto