kudo-pond

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: kudo-pond
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:57:09 -0400

Hey all!

Just sending out kudos to the whole Lilypond team...

I'm currently attempting (not entirely without success, I believe!) to compose and music direct a full two-act musical in about seven weeks; the preview is one week from tomorrow. [eek!]

I've been cranking out a piece fully scored/voiced for chorus and soloists -- often with piano accompaniment, especially where I need to give myself reminders -- every day or so, and revisions happen on a constant basis as we're workshopping the completed songs.

All things considered, it's been a total joy to be using Lilypond as my engraver, the output is (naturally) remarkably great on the first compile, and I'm absolutely sure this pace would be (for me) impossible with any other piece of software.

So, from this (hard-)working composer and engraver, a deeply heartfelt "MUCHOS GRACIAS"!! =)

Best regards,
Kieren.