Re: Whatis on the fly

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Whatis on the fly
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:33:02 +0200

2007/8/1, Francois Planiol-Auger <address@hidden>:

> Yes I know, its a newby question. And I found nothing really helpful that
> defines it in relation with lilypond.
> Can somebody explain?

If I understood correctly (English is not my native language),
something you can change "on the fly" is something that you don't need
to change at the beginning of your score, once and for all; therefore
it allows you to change properties several times during your music
(for instance, the key signature can be changed "on the fly": you
don't have to define a single key signature at the beginning, and then
be stuck with it for the whole piece -- instead you can change it as
many times as you want).

Does it help?

Regards,
Valentin