Re: Double-flats used by Lilypond after transpose

From: Toine Schreurs
Subject: Re: Double-flats used by Lilypond after transpose
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:58:32 +0200 (MZT)

The transposition of the instrument does not depend on the key of the
music. On a B-flat sax a written C sounds as a B-flat. That's all the
information
you need.

So use \transpose bf c' {the music}

And indeed, key E-major goes to F-sharp-major. The original transposition
from E-major to G-flat-major implies an A-sharp saxophone.

Toine Schreurs