RE: Freehand fonts unavailable

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: Freehand fonts unavailable
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 15:33:40 -0600

Ricardo,

I've copied this to the user list, which is the right place for this
type of question.

> a) I am willing to open a pdf score generated via Lilypond on
> to Freehand MX but I have a couple of fonts missing
> (CenturySchL, Emmentaler) which I have been unable to
> download and install - I had a look at ghostscript -. Any hints?

Have you installed Lilypond?  If you do, the fonts should be installed
with it.

> b) do you know of any script or software/language to generate
> lilypond text-based scores? I guess Lisp based (or Scheme) or
> something able to deal with lists.

What do you mean by "generate lilypond text-based scores"?  Lilypond
scores do not have Scheme syntax, although Scheme syntax is used in
modifying display properties.  In the past, people have used Scheme
(inside a Lilypond input file) and Python (to create a Lilypond input
file) as tools for creating random music for guitar practice.

See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.general/29854  and
following links for how both python and scheme were used.

If this is not what you're thinking of, try to explain a bit more, and
I'm sure somebody on -user will help.

Carl Sorensen