lyrics collision (and thanks to Peter)

From: Neil Thornock
Subject: lyrics collision (and thanks to Peter)
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 15:02:44 -0600

Thanks Peter for your response earlier, it got me working!

For the life of me I can't figure out why the lyrics in the bass line collide in the following snippet (below).

If I use only the bass line, it looks fine - but when combined with the soprano line, I get strange collisions and stuff.  It looks like the bass lyrics are trying to align with the soprano lyrics, and I don't know why.

Any pointers?

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.11.28"

soprano = \relative c' {