Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: How to deal with Time Signatures horizontal alignment?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 15:23:49 -0400

Hi Valentin,

This is unfortunately not what I need, because the staves are never
the same in the score...

Yeah, I've never been that lucky either...  =)

Besides, in your snippet the time signatures are not center-aligned
with the barlines, so one have to manually correct the extra-offset

Oh, you actually WANT them on the barline... to my eye, that doesn't look so good.

To solve *that* problem, simply change the line to
                \override TimeSignature #'extra-offset = #'(-2 . 7)
and all the TS's will be over the bar line.

As for your other (main) problem... Search the list archives for TimeSig staff threads -- there were lots of them a few months (and years) ago, and there were lots of solutions (including some by me) that address the issue (but are too complex to put here off the top of my head). If I have a little more time in the near future, I'll put together some sample workarounds for you -- no promises! =)

Best wishes,
Kieren.