staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 11:27:44 +0200

Hi,
I'm writing a full score for a large work and the violoncello and basso staff
in of piece has a clef change (tenor clef for a few measures instead of the
bass-clef for whole staff). The change to tenor clef happens at the very
beginning of the piece. The staff should still have the bass clef, but before
the first note I need the tenor clef. I'm currently doing

IXChorVc = \relative c' {
  \tempoMark #'0.0 \IXChorTempo
  \clef "tenor" %TODO: really force two clefs here!
  e2.\f^"Vc." dis4 | cis4. cis8 dis4 e | \clef "bass" e,2.\f^"Tutti" dis4 |
}
IXChorVcStaff = \context StaffGroup = IXChorVcSt <<
  \context Staff <<
    \clef "bass"
    \context Voice = IXChorVcVoice << \IXChorSettings\IXChorVc >>
    \set Staff.instrumentName = \markup { \column { "Violoncello" "e
Basso" } }
    \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = "Vc./B."

However, Lilypond 2.10.25 uses the tenor clef for the whole staff and then
only displays the  change back to the bass clef. The is no warning message or
any hint why lilypond simply discards the first staff-wide clef.

How can I force lilypond to show the bass clef at the staff, and then before
the first note to show the tenor clef?

Thanks a lot,
Reinhold