Re: staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece.

From: Cesar Penagos
Subject: Re: staff-wide clef and clef change at the beginning of a piece.
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:30:55 -0600

Reinhold Kinghoffer, escribió:

<< Hi,
I'm writing a full score for a large work and the violoncello and basso staff
in of piece has a clef change (tenor clef for a few measures instead of the
bass-clef for whole staff). The change to tenor clef happens at the very
beginning of the piece. The staff should still have the bass clef, but before
the first note I need the tenor clef. I'm currently doing.>>

You ca start your full score (orchestral score), with the G clef, and then in the after bars change to the  bass clef.  There are no rules about start in a G clef and after few notes or bars change into a  bass clef, in the cello, or contrabasso part.

Atentamente;

César Penagos Q.

address@hidden <http://address@hidden/>

address@hidden <http://address@hidden/>