Re: a few lead sheet questions

From: Daniel Leidisch
Subject: Re: a few lead sheet questions
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:33:23 +0200

"Daniel Tonda" <address@hidden> wrote:

> For the [A] mark wouldn't
>
> \mark \markup{\box{\bold{A}}} work for you?

Yes, it looks promising, thanks for the tip. I would like to move the
boxes up/left, but I guess I can find out how to do that myself.

"Ed Ardzinski" <address@hidden > wrote:

> Hi Daniel - Don't know about your first 2 questions, but you can use
> any symbol you want for a chord.  Search the regression tests/documentation
> for "Chord Name Exceptions", but that might still be a little tough to
> follow until after you understand it.  If you need to I can send some
> code examples (for the version I'm using - 2.6.5 - but I *think* it's
> a similar process in later versions) later int he day when I get home.

chord-name-exceptions.ly was a good tip. Here is how I did it:

,----[ Minor Chords with “-” ]
| chExceptionMusic =  {
|       <c es g bes>1-\markup { "-" \super "7" }
| }
|
| chExceptions = #(append
|                (sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t)
|                ignatzekExceptions)
|
| harmonies = \chords {
|   \set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
|
| [...]
`----

(tested with 2.10.25)

Thank you two for the useful tips! Maybe someone can give me a hint as
to how to solve my third problem; how to get the clef and Key signature
printed for the first Staff only.

Regards,

dhl