Re: a few lead sheet questions

From: Walter Hofmeister
Subject: Re: a few lead sheet questions
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:08:34 -0600

On 8/10/07 2:44 PM, "Ed Ardzinski" <address@hidden> wrote:

> chord-name-exceptions.ly was a good tip. Here is how I did it:
>
> ,----[ Minor Chords with “-” ] | chExceptionMusic = { | <c es g bes>1-\markup
> { "-" \super "7" } | } | | chExceptions = #(append |
> (sequential-music-to-chord-exceptions chExceptionMusic #t) |
> ignatzekExceptions) | | harmonies = \chords { | \set chordNameExceptions =
> #chExceptions

Exactly the way to do it!

One warning - if you have more than one name exception you have to switch
between them.  At least in 2.6.5 only one exception can be "active" at a
time.  I don't know about later versions, but my impression is that it would
be the same way.

It has been a while since I have done this but I believe on newer versions
it is possible to have a list of exceptions. At least that is my
recollection from the documentation.

Walter Hofmeister