Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:01:30 +0200

You should be able to insert the following lines of code (copied verbatim
from the manual) either at the very top or end of the \begin{lilypond}...\end{lilypond} block

\layout {
      \context {
        \Score
        \remove "Bar_number_engraver"

An alternative is to put it within the \score{...} block:
\score{
 % Here comes the music
 \layout{...}
}

   /Mats

Quoting Tim Sawyer <address@hidden>:

I have a section of a tex file, used with lilypond book, that looks something
like this:

\begin[staffsize=20]{lilypond}
\score
{
 \version "2.10.0"
 {
   \time 4/4
   \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-6 . 7)
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
   \clef bass
   \stemUp
   e4 e4 e4 e4 e8 e e8 e e8 e e8 e e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e e e1
\end{lilypond}

I can't work out where to put \remove "Bar_number_engraver" to get bar numbers
turned off.  Everywhere I put it seems to create an error when running
lilypond-book.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

ta,

Tim.