support for "wide" unicode code points

From: dstutz
Subject: support for "wide" unicode code points
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 16:09:05 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm not top posting.

Thanks to the Lilypond team for creating such a fine piece of software.

I am trying to use the Unicode code points for Byzantine chant notation in
my score, which begin at x1D000. When I try to use ly:wide-char to enter one
of these characters, I get Freetype errors; specifically "SFNT font table
missing".

I know that the font works, as I can both view the characters, as well as
typeset characters from the font that fall in the more usual 2 byte
character ranges. I also see from the source code that the ly:wide-char
function should be able to handle input in the range that I am referring to.

Here is a brief example - uncomment the line to break the score:

thisworks = #(ly:wide-char->utf-8 #x03E2)
thisdont = #(ly:wide-char->utf-8 #x1D046)

\relative c'' { c1_\markup{
   \override #'(font-name . "Musical.otf")
   {
     \thisworks
%    \thisdont
     }}
   }

Does anyone know whether these "wider" code points are supported by
Lilypond, and if they are, how the characters can be entered? The font that
I am playing with is called Musical.otf and one can download it from this
  http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/download.html

Thanks for any info!