Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:46:35 +0200

Your example below works like a charm, if you just fix the
capital "S" that others already have pointed out.
I always write the \version statement outside the \score{...} block, but
it seems that it works to place it where you have it as well.

The alternative solution
\override Score.BarNumber #'transparent = ##t
has a disadvantage, namely that LilyPond still will allocate space for the
bar number, even though it's not printed, so the spacing between the score
lines may get unnecessarily wide (though the inter-score line spacing isn't handled
the same way when you use lilypond-book as when you use pure lilypond).

  /Mats

Tim Sawyer wrote:
Thanks for that, but I'm still having trouble. Putting that \layout block in either place results in this error:

volume1.lytex:2145:2: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='
\context {
volume1.lytex:2146:2: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='
\Score

My code is now like this:

\begin[staffsize=20]{lilypond}
\score
{
  \version "2.10.0"
  {
    \time 4/4
    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-6 . 7)
    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
    \clef bass
    <<
{ \stemUp e4 e4 e4 e4 e8 e8 e8 e8 e8 e8 e8 e8 e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e e e1 \bar "|." }
    \addlyrics { blah }

  }
  \layout {
       \context {
         \score
         \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
\end{lilypond}

ta,

Tim.

Quoting Tim Sawyer <address@hidden>:
I have a section of a tex file, used with lilypond book, that looks
something like this:

\begin[staffsize=20]{lilypond}
\score
{
 \version "2.10.0"
 {
   \time 4/4
   \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-6 . 7)
   \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
   \clef bass
   \stemUp
   e4 e4 e4 e4 e8 e e8 e e8 e e8 e e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e e e16 e e
e e1 }
}
\end{lilypond}

I can't work out where to put \remove "Bar_number_engraver" to get
bar numbers
turned off.  Everywhere I put it seems to create an error when running
lilypond-book.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

ta,

Tim.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing