Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book

From: Tim Sawyer
Subject: Re: Removing bar numbers with lilypond-book
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:31:45 +0100

I'm happy with making it invisible, the extra space isn't an issue for me.

Just to be clear with the \remove solution - it is *not* working for me, even
with the capital S corrected.  I'm using lilypond 2.10.5, on Ubuntu.  Anyone
got any clues as to why?

This code (copied and pasted from my source):

\begin[staffsize=20]{lilypond}
\score
{
  \version "2.10.0"
  {
    \time 4/4
    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-6 . 7)
    \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
    \clef bass
    <<
    { \stemUp e4 e4 e4 e4 e8[ e8] e8[ e8] e8[ e8] e8[ e8] e16 e e e e16 e e e
e16 e e e e16 e e e e1 \bar "|." }
    \addlyrics { blah }

  }
  \layout {
        \context {
          \Score
          \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
\end{lilypond}

Results in this error:

Parsing...
volume1.lytex:2158:3: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='

         \context {
volume1.lytex:2159:3: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING, expecting '='

           \Score
error: failed files: "lily-c91153c955"

As I said, I'm not bothered about getting this to work, but it would be useful
to understand why I'm getting a problem with it when I shouldn't.

Tim.